New York City – Our NYC sexual harassment lawyers have just learned of a major lawsuit filed against a Wall Street financier. Swedish-born Hanna Bouveng is seeking $75 million in damages due to allegations of rampant and serious sexual harassment on the job.
24-year-old Bouveng worked for Benjamin Wey at New York Global Communications as a director of corporate communications. In her suit, she claims that Wey was a “virulent sexual harasser and stalker.” He bought her “tight skirts” and “low-cut shirts” to wear around the office. She alleges he made lewd sexual remarks and repeatedly made unwanted sexual advances.
She claims she was fired after she rejected his come-ons.
Bouveng also alleges she felt “trapped” into having sex with Wey in December 2013 after he got her drunk.
Young female workers in NYC susceptible to sexual harassment
Many college graduates come to New York in hopes of using their education and intelligence to build a successful career. Unfortunately, in this land of opportunity, young women are being taken advantage of. Many feel they have to sacrifice this
Despite this sad fact, you don’t have to accept the abuse. You have the law on your side. You can fight back against:
- Unwanted sexual advances
- Lewd and sexist remarks
- Unwelcome physical contact
- Exposure to inappropriate emails, pictures, text messages, and more
Our sexual harassment lawyers are your advocates against sexual harassment and assault on the job.
The New York City sexual harassment attorneys at the Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC handles a multitude of cases that involve sexual harassment in Manhattan and the greater New York City area. For further information, please feel free to call us at 800-807-2209 for a free consultation.
- Gender Inequality Targets Workplace Bonuses for Female Employees - January 23, 2023
- California Sexual Assault Law Gives Adult Sexual Assault Survivors Second Chance for Justice - December 21, 2022
- Should Salaried Employees Get Overtime Pay? - December 15, 2022
- Are Nannies Protected Against Sexual Harassment at Work? - November 18, 2022
- Sexual Harassment Runs Rampant in the Hospitality Industry - October 26, 2022
- 7 Employment Discrimination Claims Starting as Microaggressions - October 6, 2022
- Sexual Harassment Attacks Hedge Fund Employees - September 23, 2022
- Working Moms: What Are Your Rights at Work? - August 12, 2022
- 8 Payday Rules Your Employer May Be Breaking - August 2, 2022
- The Effects the Gender Pay Gap has on Women - July 20, 2022