New York City – Our NYC sexual harassment lawyers have just learned of a major lawsuit filed against a Wall Street financier. Swedish-born Hanna Bouveng is seeking $75 million in damages due to allegations of rampant and serious sexual harassment on the job.
24-year-old Bouveng worked for Benjamin Wey at New York Global Communications as a director of corporate communications. In her suit, she claims that Wey was a “virulent sexual harasser and stalker.” He bought her “tight skirts” and “low-cut shirts” to wear around the office. She alleges he made lewd sexual remarks and repeatedly made unwanted sexual advances.
She claims she was fired after she rejected his come-ons.
Bouveng also alleges she felt “trapped” into having sex with Wey in December 2013 after he got her drunk.
Young female workers in NYC susceptible to sexual harassment
Many college graduates come to New York in hopes of using their education and intelligence to build a successful career. Unfortunately, in this land of opportunity, young women are being taken advantage of. Many feel they have to sacrifice this
Despite this sad fact, you don’t have to accept the abuse. You have the law on your side. You can fight back against:
- Unwanted sexual advances
- Lewd and sexist remarks
- Unwelcome physical contact
- Exposure to inappropriate emails, pictures, text messages, and more
Our sexual harassment lawyers are your advocates against sexual harassment and assault on the job.
The New York City sexual harassment attorneys at the Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC handles a multitude of cases that involve sexual harassment in Manhattan and the greater New York City area. For further information, please feel free to call us at 800-807-2209 for a free consultation.
- Sex for Rent Schemes Hit Low-Income Renters - February 3, 2021
- Know your rights: Can you get fired if you refuse to take the COVID vaccine? - February 2, 2021
- How to Find an Experienced Sexual Harassment Lawyer in Los Angeles - February 2, 2021
- 6 Ways to Take Time Off When Emergency Leave Expires - December 24, 2020
- 12 Ways Sexual Harassment Targets Work from Home Employees - November 19, 2020
- Black Women Golfing Leads to Race Discrimination - November 16, 2020
- 5 Signs to Identify Child Sexual Abuse - October 13, 2020
- New York State Employees Are Entitled to Paid Sick Leave - October 9, 2020
- How to Get Paid for Your Commute - October 1, 2020
- How Employees Can Take Paid Leave While Schools Are Closed - September 14, 2020