An El Paso County sheriff’s office employee who is currently under investigation for sexual harassment complaints has been shown to also have a number of these complaints brought against him in the past.
Reports show that in 2011, Sgt. Schaller was accused of having a relationship with a woman he pulled over during a traffic violation stop. Schaller allegedly used his work phone to send sexually explicit text messages to the woman. He admitted his involvement in the texting relationship, took responsibility and had a written reprimand issued. This came on the heels of previous complaints filled against the employee.
Schaller remained out of trouble since then but the department now finds themselves in hot water again with this latest accusation. New York lawyers have learned that Sheriff Terry Maketa is currently under investigation for inappropriate relations with subordinates in his department. It is reported that these relationships, and the Sheriff in question, created a hostile work environment for other officers and department employees. In a shocking turn of events, New York sexual harassment lawyers learned of these allegations through a news release by a deputy of the department who also happens to be engaged to Schaller.
The exact nature of the current claim against Sgt. Schaller is unclear and court documents are not currently available for review. It is also unclear whether these are substantiated accusations or the actions of a disgruntled fiancé. Further investigation is necessary for a complete understanding of the situation
What is clear is that the El Paso sheriff’s department is scrambling to maintain its reputation locally and nationally in light of these numerous complaints. We will keep you updated as we find out more.
The NYC sexual harassment attorneys at the Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC handles a multitude of cases that involve sexual harassment in New York City. For further information, please feel free to call us at 800-807-2209 for a free consultation at 877-469-5297 or click to contact us online.
- 6 Pregnancy Rights You Need to Know - April 20, 2021
- Sex for Rent Schemes Hit Low-Income Renters - February 3, 2021
- Know your rights: Can you get fired if you refuse to take the COVID vaccine? - February 2, 2021
- How to Find an Experienced Sexual Harassment Lawyer in Los Angeles - February 2, 2021
- 6 Ways to Take Time Off When Emergency Leave Expires - December 24, 2020
- 12 Ways Sexual Harassment Targets Work from Home Employees - November 19, 2020
- Black Women Golfing Leads to Race Discrimination - November 16, 2020
- 5 Signs to Identify Child Sexual Abuse - October 13, 2020
- New York State Employees Are Entitled to Paid Sick Leave - October 9, 2020
- How to Get Paid for Your Commute - October 1, 2020