Remember Jughead, Reggie and the perennial struggle between Veronica and Betty for the affections of Archie Andrews? All is not well in Riverdale.
Originally founded in 1939, Archie Comics has changed with the times, welcoming its first gay character in 2010 and adapting to an online format. Despite the progress, the back office became embroiled in litigation after the deaths of company owners Louis Silberkleit and John Goldwater.
Since the death of her husband, Nancy Silberkleit has made and fielded legal accusations concerning her involvement with Archie Comics. Most recently, several employees of Archie Comics filed suit alleging harassment and other wrongdoing on the part Ms. Silberkleit.
Employee claims include the following:
- Employees at the company, including the president and editor-in-chief, allege Ms. Silberkleit routinely refers to them and other men in the company as a male organ, rather than by their names.
- Ms. Silberkleit has allegedly shouted penis in company meetings.
- Staff members state Ms. Silberkleit invited members of the Hells Angels motorcycle club to company premises. Ms. Silberkleit also allegedly pressed staffers for the location of a handgun and ammunition her deceased husband kept on the premises.
In turn, Ms. Silberkleit has alleged sexual harassment on the part of the coordinator engaged to work with her and Archie Comics. In her legal response to the suit brought by employees, Ms. Silberkleit asserts she cannot be found guilty of sexual harassment since the complainants are white men and not a protected class.
- Are Nannies Protected Against Sexual Harassment at Work? - November 18, 2022
- Sexual Harassment Runs Rampant in the Hospitality Industry - October 26, 2022
- 7 Employment Discrimination Claims Starting as Microaggressions - October 6, 2022
- Sexual Harassment Attacks Hedge Fund Employees - September 23, 2022
- Working Moms: What Are Your Rights at Work? - August 12, 2022
- 8 Payday Rules Your Employer May Be Breaking - August 2, 2022
- The Effects the Gender Pay Gap has on Women - July 20, 2022
- What is the Purpose of Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)? - June 30, 2022
- NYS ADULT SURVIVORS ACT: Adults Can Now Sue for Sexual Assault No Matter How Many Years Ago It Happened - June 3, 2022
- Can Men Become the Victims of Sexual Harassment at Work? - May 26, 2022