On December 8th, 2014, the New York Post published a confidential complaint against headhunting firm CTPartners alleging sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior by male executives. The next day, the Wall Street recruiting company’s stock dropped by more than 24 percent, the largest single-day decline since the company went public in 2010.
Our NYC sexual harassment lawyers have learned that female employees had filed a gender discrimination suit against CTPartners with the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
What did the charge allege? For starters, there were claims of an incident at a company party at chairmen Brian Sullivan’s house in Florida. According to the complaint, several male executives became intoxicated, removed all their clothing, and ran into the ocean, stark naked.
More complaints allege that female employees were stripped of profitable accounts and held to different standards than men. Amidst the discrimination, their male counterparts allegedly subjected women to lewd comments and boorish behavior.
Brian Sullivan, the chairman at CTPartners Executive Search, ripped off his clothes along with other partners during a drunken party at his Florida home in May 2012, female employees allege in discrimination charges filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Committee.
David Nocifora, CTPartner’s chief operating officer, told The Post, “We deny any wrongdoing and will defend any matters if they’re out there vigorously.”
The Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC handles a multitude of cases that involve sexual harassment in Manhattan and the greater New York City area. For further information, please feel free to call us at 800-807-2209 for a free consultation or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6 Ways to Take Time Off When Emergency Leave Expires - December 24, 2020
- 12 Ways Sexual Harassment Targets Work from Home Employees - November 19, 2020
- Black Women Golfing Leads to Race Discrimination - November 16, 2020
- 5 Signs to Identify Child Sexual Abuse - October 13, 2020
- New York State Employees Are Entitled to Paid Sick Leave - October 9, 2020
- How to Get Paid for Your Commute - October 1, 2020
- How Employees Can Take Paid Leave While Schools Are Closed - September 14, 2020
- George Floyd’s Death Opens Communications About Race at Work - June 19, 2020
- Is Your Employer Using Coronavirus Firings to Discriminate? - April 9, 2020
- “Uber Black” Drivers May Be Entitled to Millions in Unpaid Employee Wages - April 7, 2020