On December 8th, 2014, the New York Post published a confidential complaint against headhunting firm CTPartners alleging sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior by male executives. The next day, the Wall Street recruiting company’s stock dropped by more than 24 percent, the largest single-day decline since the company went public in 2010.
Our NYC sexual harassment lawyers have learned that female employees had filed a gender discrimination suit against CTPartners with the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
What did the charge allege? For starters, there were claims of an incident at a company party at chairmen Brian Sullivan’s house in Florida. According to the complaint, several male executives became intoxicated, removed all their clothing, and ran into the ocean, stark naked.
More complaints allege that female employees were stripped of profitable accounts and held to different standards than men. Amidst the discrimination, their male counterparts allegedly subjected women to lewd comments and boorish behavior.
Brian Sullivan, the chairman at CTPartners Executive Search, ripped off his clothes along with other partners during a drunken party at his Florida home in May 2012, female employees allege in discrimination charges filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Committee.
David Nocifora, CTPartner’s chief operating officer, told The Post, “We deny any wrongdoing and will defend any matters if they’re out there vigorously.”
The Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC handles a multitude of cases that involve sexual harassment in Manhattan and the greater New York City area. For further information, please feel free to call us at 800-807-2209 for a free consultation or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What Do You Need to Prove Wrongful Termination? - May 13, 2022
- Can You Get Fired from Work for Requesting a Disability Accommodation? - May 6, 2022
- The Effects of Gender Discrimination on Roles and Wages in the Workplaces - March 18, 2022
- Did Your Age Lead to a Layoff and Severance Package (40 or above)? - March 11, 2022
- How Do You Know If You Are Discriminated Against at Work? - March 2, 2022
- Find the Best Sexual Harassment Lawyer in Los Angeles - February 19, 2022
- 5 Ways Race Discrimination Goes Unnoticed in the Workplace - February 4, 2022
- What Can You Do If Your Paycheck Is Incorrect? - January 14, 2022
- Can My Boss Make Me Sign a Non-Compete Agreement? - November 23, 2021
- Me Too: Sexual Harassment Awareness and Prevention - November 1, 2021