Trump Subpoenaed Over Sexual Assault Claims
NEW YORK, NEW YORK
Summer Zervos, a former contestant on President Trump’s television show, “The Apprentice” accused Trump of sexually assaulting her back in 2007. Zervos alleges that during a lunch meeting in Trump’s New York City office he kissed her twice on the lips and on a different occasion in Beverly Hills, that he touched her breasts and forcefully kissed her.
Trump dismissed Zervos accusations, believing that her claims are nothing more than a “concerted effort” to take down his then presidential campaign. He called her claims and the claims of woman like her “total fiction” and “all false stuff.”
Trump said, “To be clear, I never met her at a hotel or greeted her inappropriately a decade ago. That is not who I am as a person, and it is not how I’ve conducted my life. In fact, Ms. Zervos continued to contact me for help, emailing my office on April 14 of this year asking that I visit her restaurant in California.”
When the President was asked about Zervos’ recent subpoena he said, “All I can say is it’s totally fake news, just fake. It’s fake. It’s made-up stuff, and it’s disgraceful what happens, but that happens in the world of politics.”
Zervos announced her accusations this past October at a news conference. Because Trump naturally denied any wrongdoing and called her a liar, Zervos went on to file a defamation lawsuit against him in the New York State Supreme Court this past January.
The lawsuit has been marinating in court over the past few months, but now things are heating up. Because of the ongoing case against him, Trump could be forced to produce documents related to Zervos’ claims as well as other alleged sexual assaults on women.
Lawyers for Zervos subpoenaed his campaign for all documents relating to her, all communications with or about her and “all documents concerning any woman who asserted that Donald J. Trump touched her inappropriately.”
Also, Zervos’ attorney said Trump and his lawyers “must reply to their filed opposition of his motion to dismiss by Oct 31. The court will schedule a hearing for argument once he files his reply, which means there is no hearing date yet.”
Zervos is not alone in her claims against the current US President. Since the infamous 2005 Access Hollywood video of Trump bragging sexually assaulting woman leaked, more than a dozen women have come forward to accuse Trump of sexual misconduct. If you somehow forgot this video, it was the video where Trump brags to Billy Bush, “When you’re a star, they let you do it…. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the p—y.”
Obviously, this lawsuit will be important to watch for political reasons, but also it is significant because if Trump did sexually assault Zervos—like she claims—and he did defame her, it shows that perpetrators of such unlawful behavior, no matter how rich, famous, and powerful, will be held accountable.
If you feel you have suffered sexual harassment or subject to unlawful discrimination on the job contact one of our New York City sexual harassment attorneys at the Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC today for a free consultation. Our attorneys have years of experience litigating claims of gender discrimination. Working together with our Philadelphia sexual harassment attorneys, we have recovered millions on behalf of our clients who were discriminated against because of their gender. If you feel you have been discriminated against because of your gender, please give our attorneys a call at (800) 807-2209 for a free consultation.
Call today to schedule a FREE sexual harassment or employment discrimination legal Consultation in NY, NJ & PA with one of our top rated employment law or sexual harassment attorneys here at the Derek Smith Law Group. You can reach us online or by calling . Our New York City, New Jersey and Philadelphia labor & employment law attorneys handle a variety of cases involving sexual harassment, racial discrimination, pregnancy discrimination, and other employment-related claims. We serve clients throughout New York, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Staten Island. We also have offices in New Jersey and Philadelphia to serve you.
Make Sure Your Lawyers Have the Verdicts To Back Up Their Negotiations – Results Matter!
- $4.025 Million Jury Verdict Awarded in Employment Discrimination Case
- $2.5 million jury verdict awarded to sexual harassment victim
- $2.2 Million Jury Verdict Awarded to Race Discrimination Victim Against Well Known Glassware Company
- $1.6 Million Jury Verdict Awarded to Sexual Orientation and Religious Discrimination Victim
- Largest NY Verdict In Employment Law for 2012.
- Are Nannies Protected Against Sexual Harassment at Work? - November 18, 2022
- Sexual Harassment Runs Rampant in the Hospitality Industry - October 26, 2022
- 7 Employment Discrimination Claims Starting as Microaggressions - October 6, 2022
- Sexual Harassment Attacks Hedge Fund Employees - September 23, 2022
- Working Moms: What Are Your Rights at Work? - August 12, 2022
- 8 Payday Rules Your Employer May Be Breaking - August 2, 2022
- The Effects the Gender Pay Gap has on Women - July 20, 2022
- What is the Purpose of Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)? - June 30, 2022
- NYS ADULT SURVIVORS ACT: Adults Can Now Sue for Sexual Assault No Matter How Many Years Ago It Happened - June 3, 2022
- Can Men Become the Victims of Sexual Harassment at Work? - May 26, 2022