A female MBA student at Quaid-e-Azam University is has filed a written complaint against an assistant professor for alleged sexual harassment during a meeting to discuss her quarterly grading. Our New York City sexual harassment lawyers have been following the case closely.
The Vice-Chancellor of the university reports that the young woman submitted a written complaint against Dr. Ajmal Waheed. She claims that during a scheduled meeting to discuss grading, the professor was sexually inappropriate. She goes on to claim that she “started crying about his indecent behavior, as the professor had crossed all limits of decency.” The student reports that she went directly to the Vice-Chancellor and demanded action taken against Dr. Waheed.
The Vice-Chancellor insists the matter is being investigated. Dr. Waheed, who works as the Head of Department of the School of Management, maintains that he will resign if found guilty of the accusations. He claims that the student was caught, by another teacher, in the act of cheating on an exam. As per standard procedure, the visiting teacher forwarded the testing materials to Dr. Waheed. The protocol would indicate that the cheating materials be forwarded to the school controller.
- Are Nannies Protected Against Sexual Harassment at Work? - November 18, 2022
- Sexual Harassment Runs Rampant in the Hospitality Industry - October 26, 2022
- 7 Employment Discrimination Claims Starting as Microaggressions - October 6, 2022
- Sexual Harassment Attacks Hedge Fund Employees - September 23, 2022
- Working Moms: What Are Your Rights at Work? - August 12, 2022
- 8 Payday Rules Your Employer May Be Breaking - August 2, 2022
- The Effects the Gender Pay Gap has on Women - July 20, 2022
- What is the Purpose of Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)? - June 30, 2022
- NYS ADULT SURVIVORS ACT: Adults Can Now Sue for Sexual Assault No Matter How Many Years Ago It Happened - June 3, 2022
- Can Men Become the Victims of Sexual Harassment at Work? - May 26, 2022