New York City Employment Law Blog | Sexual Harassment News
Manhattan, N.Y. – The Jury has spoken awarding Hanna Bouverng $18 million in her sexual harassment lawsuit against New York Global Group’s CEO Benjamin Wey. The verdict was $2 million in compensatory damages and $16 million for punitive damages. In Bouveng sexual harassment claim, she said that Wey harassed her without end forcing her to have sex with him on four separate occasions. The verdict is a far cry from the $850 million dollars Hanna Bouverng was seeking at the start of the sexual harassment case. The NY jury found that Bouveng’s claim that Wey had sexually assaulted her was not proven in the case.
New York City Employment Law Attorneys representing employees in employment discrimination and sexual harassment cases in New York, Florida, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
- Sex for Rent Schemes Hit Low-Income Renters - February 3, 2021
- Know your rights: Can you get fired if you refuse to take the COVID vaccine? - February 2, 2021
- How to Find an Experienced Sexual Harassment Lawyer in Los Angeles - February 2, 2021
- 6 Ways to Take Time Off When Emergency Leave Expires - December 24, 2020
- 12 Ways Sexual Harassment Targets Work from Home Employees - November 19, 2020
- Black Women Golfing Leads to Race Discrimination - November 16, 2020
- 5 Signs to Identify Child Sexual Abuse - October 13, 2020
- New York State Employees Are Entitled to Paid Sick Leave - October 9, 2020
- How to Get Paid for Your Commute - October 1, 2020
- How Employees Can Take Paid Leave While Schools Are Closed - September 14, 2020