Former NBA LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling is in hot water again. This time, his ex-employee and alleged mistress Maiko Maya King is suing him for alleged sexual harassment and racial discrimination during her employment with the billionaire. She worked as an assistant for Sterling from 2005 to 2011.
According to the sexual harassment lawsuit, Ms. King claims Sterling said he was bored sexually with his other assistant, V. Stiviano. He offered Ms. King bonuses if she could help him sexually, she wrote in her lawsuit. She claims he would tell her stories of his past sexual conquests.
The suit further alleges that Sterling would refuse to pay Ms. King unless she would have sex with him. She claims he offered her bonuses if she could “get him off,” and would walk around his home openly masturbating.
Sterling allegedly asked King, “Why would you bring black people into the world?” when King told Sterling about her former husband, who is black, and her two children with him. Sterling also asked, “How could you be married to a black man?”
According to Sterling’s wife Shelly Sterling, Donald was reportedly diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.
Are you an assistant who has been sexually harassed?
Even in this day and age, assistants are still frequently treated poorly by their employers. Whether you work as a personal assistant, executive assistant, secretary, or in another administration role here, you deserve to be treated as an intelligent, respected professional. Don’t let your boss mistreat you simply because you are afraid to lose your employment. Make it clear the behavior is unacceptable. Quit and contact a sexual harassment attorney in New York City if necessary.
The New York Employment attorneys at the Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC handles a multitude of cases that involve sexual harassment and discrimination in New York City. For further information, please feel free to call us at 800-807-2209 for a free consultation or contact us online.
- Are Nannies Protected Against Sexual Harassment at Work? - November 18, 2022
- Sexual Harassment Runs Rampant in the Hospitality Industry - October 26, 2022
- 7 Employment Discrimination Claims Starting as Microaggressions - October 6, 2022
- Sexual Harassment Attacks Hedge Fund Employees - September 23, 2022
- Working Moms: What Are Your Rights at Work? - August 12, 2022
- 8 Payday Rules Your Employer May Be Breaking - August 2, 2022
- The Effects the Gender Pay Gap has on Women - July 20, 2022
- What is the Purpose of Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)? - June 30, 2022
- NYS ADULT SURVIVORS ACT: Adults Can Now Sue for Sexual Assault No Matter How Many Years Ago It Happened - June 3, 2022
- Can Men Become the Victims of Sexual Harassment at Work? - May 26, 2022