Former NBA LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling is in hot water again. This time, his ex-employee and alleged mistress Maiko Maya King is suing him for alleged sexual harassment and racial discrimination during her employment with the billionaire. She worked as an assistant for Sterling from 2005 to 2011.
According to the sexual harassment lawsuit, Ms. King claims Sterling said he was bored sexually with his other assistant, V. Stiviano. He offered Ms. King bonuses if she could help him sexually, she wrote in her lawsuit. She claims he would tell her stories of his past sexual conquests.
The suit further alleges that Sterling would refuse to pay Ms. King unless she would have sex with him. She claims he offered her bonuses if she could “get him off,” and would walk around his home openly masturbating.
Sterling allegedly asked King, “Why would you bring black people into the world?” when King told Sterling about her former husband, who is black, and her two children with him. Sterling also asked, “How could you be married to a black man?”
According to Sterling’s wife Shelly Sterling, Donald was reportedly diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.
Are you an assistant who has been sexually harassed?
Even in this day and age, assistants are still frequently treated poorly by their employers. Whether you work as a personal assistant, executive assistant, secretary, or in another administration role here, you deserve to be treated as an intelligent, respected professional. Don’t let your boss mistreat you simply because you are afraid to lose your employment. Make it clear the behavior is unacceptable. Quit and contact a sexual harassment attorney in New York City if necessary.
The New York Employment attorneys at the Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC handles a multitude of cases that involve sexual harassment and discrimination in New York City. For further information, please feel free to call us at 800-807-2209 for a free consultation or contact us online.
- What Do You Need to Prove Wrongful Termination? - May 13, 2022
- Can You Get Fired from Work for Requesting a Disability Accommodation? - May 6, 2022
- The Effects of Gender Discrimination on Roles and Wages in the Workplaces - March 18, 2022
- Did Your Age Lead to a Layoff and Severance Package (40 or above)? - March 11, 2022
- How Do You Know If You Are Discriminated Against at Work? - March 2, 2022
- Find the Best Sexual Harassment Lawyer in Los Angeles - February 19, 2022
- 5 Ways Race Discrimination Goes Unnoticed in the Workplace - February 4, 2022
- What Can You Do If Your Paycheck Is Incorrect? - January 14, 2022
- Can My Boss Make Me Sign a Non-Compete Agreement? - November 23, 2021
- Me Too: Sexual Harassment Awareness and Prevention - November 1, 2021