Award-winning investigatory reporter Frank Snepp initiated a lawsuit against National Broadcasting Company (NBC) News, Comcast and NBCUniversal — alleging a pattern of age discrimination that led to lost promotions and wrongful termination. Mr. Snepp is a former chief analyst for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in Saigon, a former lecturer at University of Southern California and Cal-State University and a published author whose articles have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Newsweek and McCall’s.
According to the complaint, Mr. Snepp is not the first victim of the gray problem emerging at NBCUniversal. A culture of age discrimination has followed the adoption of “youth movement” policies designed to foster the growth and cultivation of a younger generation of reporters. The complaint alleges that the policies forced news anchor Paul Moyer out in 2009 at the age of 67. Mr. Snepp was 70 when he left NBC and had been highly vocal about the discriminatory policies he observed while working there.
Dealing with the problem of age discrimination in New York requires lawyers to be zealous in their advocacy of victims. An attorney can advise you about your rights under the following state and federal employment laws:
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA)
- Older Workers Benefit Protection Act of 1990 (OWBPA)
To learn more about age discrimination laws and policy violations, talk to an experienced labor lawyer.
- 5 Signs to Identify Child Sexual Abuse - October 13, 2020
- New York State Employees Are Entitled to Paid Sick Leave - October 9, 2020
- How to Get Paid for Your Commute - October 1, 2020
- How Employees Can Take Paid Leave While Schools Are Closed - September 14, 2020
- George Floyd’s Death Opens Communications About Race at Work - June 19, 2020
- Is Your Employer Using Coronavirus Firings to Discriminate? - April 9, 2020
- “Uber Black” Drivers May Be Entitled to Millions in Unpaid Employee Wages - April 7, 2020
- Employee Rights When Laid Off Due to Coronavirus - April 2, 2020
- Healthcare Workers’ Rights When Fired or Forced to Quit for Objecting to Work Conditions While Treating Coronavirus Patients - April 1, 2020
- How Can I Get Paid When I Can’t Work Due to Coronavirus? - March 30, 2020