Award-winning investigatory reporter Frank Snepp initiated a lawsuit against National Broadcasting Company (NBC) News, Comcast and NBCUniversal — alleging a pattern of age discrimination that led to lost promotions and wrongful termination. Mr. Snepp is a former chief analyst for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in Saigon, a former lecturer at University of Southern California and Cal-State University and a published author whose articles have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Newsweek and McCall’s.
According to the complaint, Mr. Snepp is not the first victim of the gray problem emerging at NBCUniversal. A culture of age discrimination has followed the adoption of “youth movement” policies designed to foster the growth and cultivation of a younger generation of reporters. The complaint alleges that the policies forced news anchor Paul Moyer out in 2009 at the age of 67. Mr. Snepp was 70 when he left NBC and had been highly vocal about the discriminatory policies he observed while working there.
Dealing with the problem of age discrimination in New York requires lawyers to be zealous in their advocacy of victims. An attorney can advise you about your rights under the following state and federal employment laws:
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA)
- Older Workers Benefit Protection Act of 1990 (OWBPA)
To learn more about age discrimination laws and policy violations, talk to an experienced labor lawyer.
- Gender Inequality Targets Workplace Bonuses for Female Employees - January 23, 2023
- California Sexual Assault Law Gives Adult Sexual Assault Survivors Second Chance for Justice - December 21, 2022
- Should Salaried Employees Get Overtime Pay? - December 15, 2022
- Are Nannies Protected Against Sexual Harassment at Work? - November 18, 2022
- Sexual Harassment Runs Rampant in the Hospitality Industry - October 26, 2022
- 7 Employment Discrimination Claims Starting as Microaggressions - October 6, 2022
- Sexual Harassment Attacks Hedge Fund Employees - September 23, 2022
- Working Moms: What Are Your Rights at Work? - August 12, 2022
- 8 Payday Rules Your Employer May Be Breaking - August 2, 2022
- The Effects the Gender Pay Gap has on Women - July 20, 2022