Award-winning investigatory reporter Frank Snepp initiated a lawsuit against National Broadcasting Company (NBC) News, Comcast and NBCUniversal — alleging a pattern of age discrimination that led to lost promotions and wrongful termination. Mr. Snepp is a former chief analyst for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in Saigon, a former lecturer at University of Southern California and Cal-State University and a published author whose articles have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Newsweek and McCall’s.
According to the complaint, Mr. Snepp is not the first victim of the gray problem emerging at NBCUniversal. A culture of age discrimination has followed the adoption of “youth movement” policies designed to foster the growth and cultivation of a younger generation of reporters. The complaint alleges that the policies forced news anchor Paul Moyer out in 2009 at the age of 67. Mr. Snepp was 70 when he left NBC and had been highly vocal about the discriminatory policies he observed while working there.
Dealing with the problem of age discrimination in New York requires lawyers to be zealous in their advocacy of victims. An attorney can advise you about your rights under the following state and federal employment laws:
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA)
- Older Workers Benefit Protection Act of 1990 (OWBPA)
To learn more about age discrimination laws and policy violations, talk to an experienced labor lawyer.
- President Biden’s Executive Order, the COVID Vaccine, and Your Employee Rights - September 15, 2021
- Sexual Harassment and Retaliation Reach the New York Governor’s Office - August 4, 2021
- Top Reasons You Need an Attorney Review of Your Severance Agreement - July 29, 2021
- Why Don’t Most Employees Report Misconduct at Work? - July 20, 2021
- Get the Best New York City Sexual Harassment Lawyer Near You - May 20, 2021
- 6 Pregnancy Rights You Need to Know - April 20, 2021
- Sex for Rent Schemes Hit Low-Income Renters - February 3, 2021
- Know your rights: Can you get fired if you refuse to take the COVID vaccine? - February 2, 2021
- How to Find an Experienced Sexual Harassment Lawyer in Los Angeles - February 2, 2021
- 6 Ways to Take Time Off When Emergency Leave Expires - December 24, 2020