Award-winning investigatory reporter Frank Snepp initiated a lawsuit against National Broadcasting Company (NBC) News, Comcast and NBCUniversal — alleging a pattern of age discrimination that led to lost promotions and wrongful termination. Mr. Snepp is a former chief analyst for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in Saigon, a former lecturer at University of Southern California and Cal-State University and a published author whose articles have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Newsweek and McCall’s.
According to the complaint, Mr. Snepp is not the first victim of the gray problem emerging at NBCUniversal. A culture of age discrimination has followed the adoption of “youth movement” policies designed to foster the growth and cultivation of a younger generation of reporters. The complaint alleges that the policies forced news anchor Paul Moyer out in 2009 at the age of 67. Mr. Snepp was 70 when he left NBC and had been highly vocal about the discriminatory policies he observed while working there.
Dealing with the problem of age discrimination in New York requires lawyers to be zealous in their advocacy of victims. An attorney can advise you about your rights under the following state and federal employment laws:
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA)
- Older Workers Benefit Protection Act of 1990 (OWBPA)
To learn more about age discrimination laws and policy violations, talk to an experienced labor lawyer.
- What Do You Need to Prove Wrongful Termination? - May 13, 2022
- Can You Get Fired from Work for Requesting a Disability Accommodation? - May 6, 2022
- The Effects of Gender Discrimination on Roles and Wages in the Workplaces - March 18, 2022
- Did Your Age Lead to a Layoff and Severance Package (40 or above)? - March 11, 2022
- How Do You Know If You Are Discriminated Against at Work? - March 2, 2022
- Find the Best Sexual Harassment Lawyer in Los Angeles - February 19, 2022
- 5 Ways Race Discrimination Goes Unnoticed in the Workplace - February 4, 2022
- What Can You Do If Your Paycheck Is Incorrect? - January 14, 2022
- Can My Boss Make Me Sign a Non-Compete Agreement? - November 23, 2021
- Me Too: Sexual Harassment Awareness and Prevention - November 1, 2021