Four men that had traveled to Toronto in December are accusing American Airlines of racial profiling as Muslims. The men who were from Brighton Beach, Brooklyn claim they were ejected from a flight departing from Toronto to New York.
The four men were amidst six –all friends who made arrangements to travel together. Two of the men, both Shan Anand and Faimul Alam said they paid $75 each so that they could switch planes and go back home on the same flight.
Of the four passengers who were asked to get off the plane two were Bangladeshi Muslims, one was an Arab Muslim and, one was Sikh from India. What was the reason they were given for being removed?
According to court documents, they say an American Airlines flight attendant kicked them off the plane because the captain was uncomfortable with how they looked and that there were inconsistencies of their behavior traveling as a group because two of us upgraded and two of us didn’t.
The men have filed a $9 million lawsuit in a Brooklyn federal court saying they “incurred great emotional and psychological harm from the discrimination and mistreatment” they were subjected to.
Are you or someone you know facing discrimination at work?
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission protects employees or job applicants from discrimination on the basis of color, race, sex, religion or national origin. Discrimination is illegal and creates a hostile job environment for the victim and those surrounding the victim. EEOC discrimination laws prohibit any companies from unfair practices against their workers based on the above-mentioned classes.
Discrimination is a selfish act that involves one person passing judgment on someone else based on appearance; it is not only unethical but it is illegal as well. If you have been discriminated against, our lawyers here at the Derek Smith Law Firm are ready to help you. We will fight on your behalf to get you justice. If you are experiencing discrimination or sexual harassment at work, you should immediately contact an employment discrimination attorney at the Derek Smith Law Group PLLC.
Employment law is an arduous topic for most attorneys to bring resolution to, in favor of the plaintiff. The victim is almost always overwhelmed with the stress that he or she is already experiencing from the misconduct at work. The last thing that person should have to do, is to worry about how to handle his/her lawsuit and how to defend him/herself in order to win the case. Our NYC, NJ, PA employment law attorneys are skilled, experienced, and beyond competent at handling all areas of employment law. Do not dismiss the unfair treatment your employer continues to subject you to. Hire the best attorney who will fight for you and bring a successful resolution to your case.
If you feel you have been the victim of discrimination or sexual harassment in New York City, Miami, New Jersey or Philadelphia or if your employment rights have been violated, call us at 800-807-2209 for a free consultation.
- Top Reasons You Need an Attorney Review of Your Severance Agreement - July 29, 2021
- Why Don’t Most Employees Report Misconduct at Work? - July 20, 2021
- Get the Best New York City Sexual Harassment Lawyer Near You - May 20, 2021
- 6 Pregnancy Rights You Need to Know - April 20, 2021
- Sex for Rent Schemes Hit Low-Income Renters - February 3, 2021
- Know your rights: Can you get fired if you refuse to take the COVID vaccine? - February 2, 2021
- How to Find an Experienced Sexual Harassment Lawyer in Los Angeles - February 2, 2021
- 6 Ways to Take Time Off When Emergency Leave Expires - December 24, 2020
- 12 Ways Sexual Harassment Targets Work from Home Employees - November 19, 2020
- Black Women Golfing Leads to Race Discrimination - November 16, 2020