One seamstress is working on a different kind of Brooks Brothers suit — a lawsuit.
Herlinda Aroca Pino worked at the Brooks Brother’s necktie factory in Long Island City where she alleges that an assistant plant manager sexually harassed her. As reported in the New York Daily News, Ms. Pino has recently filed a $30 million lawsuit against Brooks Brothers for failure to stop the sexual harassment.
According to Ms. Pino, the assistant plant manager engaged in various actions, including:
- Standing by an open women’s locker room door and leering at her
- Making comments of a sexual nature while she was working
- Repeatedly touching her in an offensive manner
The assistant plant manager has denied the allegations, claiming, “She has something against me.” He further claims that the human resources department has cleared him. However, Ms. Pino’s lawsuit alleges that while Brooks Brothers gave him a disciplinary warning in June 2012, his sexual harassment has nevertheless continued and Brooks Brothers has taken no further action to stop it.
Unfortunately, sexual harassment is all too prevalent in today’s workplaces, with more than 10,000 claims of sexual harassment being filed with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and state and local Fair Employment Practices agencies annually.
You do not have to be the victim or target to file a complaint of sexual harassment at work. If inappropriate sexual conduct is affecting you in any way, you should always communicate your awareness and discontent with that behavior. If you are considering initiating an NYC sexual harassment lawsuit, speak to a sexual harassment lawyer from our law firm. Call us at 800-807-2209 for a free consultation.
- President Biden’s Executive Order, the COVID Vaccine, and Your Employee Rights - September 15, 2021
- Sexual Harassment and Retaliation Reach the New York Governor’s Office - August 4, 2021
- Top Reasons You Need an Attorney Review of Your Severance Agreement - July 29, 2021
- Why Don’t Most Employees Report Misconduct at Work? - July 20, 2021
- Get the Best New York City Sexual Harassment Lawyer Near You - May 20, 2021
- 6 Pregnancy Rights You Need to Know - April 20, 2021
- Sex for Rent Schemes Hit Low-Income Renters - February 3, 2021
- Know your rights: Can you get fired if you refuse to take the COVID vaccine? - February 2, 2021
- How to Find an Experienced Sexual Harassment Lawyer in Los Angeles - February 2, 2021
- 6 Ways to Take Time Off When Emergency Leave Expires - December 24, 2020