One seamstress is working on a different kind of Brooks Brothers suit — a lawsuit.
Herlinda Aroca Pino worked at the Brooks Brother’s necktie factory in Long Island City where she alleges that an assistant plant manager sexually harassed her. As reported in the New York Daily News, Ms. Pino has recently filed a $30 million lawsuit against Brooks Brothers for failure to stop the sexual harassment.
According to Ms. Pino, the assistant plant manager engaged in various actions, including:
- Standing by an open women’s locker room door and leering at her
- Making comments of a sexual nature while she was working
- Repeatedly touching her in an offensive manner
The assistant plant manager has denied the allegations, claiming, “She has something against me.” He further claims that the human resources department has cleared him. However, Ms. Pino’s lawsuit alleges that while Brooks Brothers gave him a disciplinary warning in June 2012, his sexual harassment has nevertheless continued and Brooks Brothers has taken no further action to stop it.
Unfortunately, sexual harassment is all too prevalent in today’s workplaces, with more than 10,000 claims of sexual harassment being filed with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and state and local Fair Employment Practices agencies annually.
You do not have to be the victim or target to file a complaint of sexual harassment at work. If inappropriate sexual conduct is affecting you in any way, you should always communicate your awareness and discontent with that behavior. If you are considering initiating an NYC sexual harassment lawsuit, speak to a sexual harassment lawyer from our law firm. Call us at 800-807-2209 for a free consultation.
- What Do You Need to Prove Wrongful Termination? - May 13, 2022
- Can You Get Fired from Work for Requesting a Disability Accommodation? - May 6, 2022
- The Effects of Gender Discrimination on Roles and Wages in the Workplaces - March 18, 2022
- Did Your Age Lead to a Layoff and Severance Package (40 or above)? - March 11, 2022
- How Do You Know If You Are Discriminated Against at Work? - March 2, 2022
- Find the Best Sexual Harassment Lawyer in Los Angeles - February 19, 2022
- 5 Ways Race Discrimination Goes Unnoticed in the Workplace - February 4, 2022
- What Can You Do If Your Paycheck Is Incorrect? - January 14, 2022
- Can My Boss Make Me Sign a Non-Compete Agreement? - November 23, 2021
- Me Too: Sexual Harassment Awareness and Prevention - November 1, 2021