New York & New Jersey Sexual Harassment & Employment Attorney
Email: Johnmack@dereksmithlaw.com | Phone: 212-587-0760
New York & New Jersey Employment law focusing on:
- Sexual Harassment
- Employment Discrimination
- Civil Rights Violations
- The Family Medical Leave Act
- Wage and Hour Violations
- The American With Disabilities Act
- Public Accommodation Discrimination
- Breach of Contract
- State Court(s): New York and New Jersey
- Federal District Court(s): Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York, District of New Jersey
- Rutgers University, B.S., Magna Cum Laude
- Rutgers School of Law, Newark, J.D., Cum Laude
Johnmack Cohen is an associate at the Derek Smith Law Group with significant practice experience throughout New York and New Jersey. Mr. Cohen handles cases involving employment discrimination, sexual harassment, wage and hour violations, FMLA violations, ADA violations, public accommodation discrimination, breach of employment contracts, civil rights violations, retaliation, and wrongful termination.
Mr. Cohen obtained his J.D. from Rutgers Law School where he graduated cum laude and was the recipient of the Charles J. Walsh Scholarship for his distinguished academic performance. While in law school, Mr. Cohen served as an associate editor for the Rutgers Law Record and interned for the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office where he gained valuable labor and employment law experience.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Cohen clerked for the Honorable Colleen M. Flynn, J.S.C. in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Middlesex Vicinage. He is a Court Certified Mediator and has successfully mediated a number of small claims and landlord/tenant cases.
Prior to joining the Derek Smith Law Group, Mr. Cohen was an associate at a boutique New York City law firm handling diverse litigation matters.
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association