Harassment on the Job
- A boss who promises you a promotion if you have sex with him/her
- A client who thinks he’s entertaining when he tells sexually explicit jokes and your boss ignores it
- Colleagues who color their conversations with racial innuendo and reinforce stereotypes
- A touchy-feely co-worker who makes you feel uncomfortable when you work together
- A manager who never has a positive comment about the older workers on your team
Federal law, as well as New York State and New York City human rights laws, prohibit sexual harassment in NYC workplaces based on race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age or disability.
You have a right to safety, security and equality at work. You don’t have to put up with harassment just to keep your job. If your workplace is hostile or abusive and you’re feeling there’s no way out, contact a New York City law firm that experienced in labor and employment sexual harassment law. They’ll help you understand your rights and work with you to resolve your situation.