Binghamton University, Bachelor of Arts
Hofstra Law School, Juris Doctorate
- Served as an intern with the Nassau County Attorney’s General Litigation Bureau
- Served as an extern in the Criminal Prosecutor’s Clinic of the Nassau County District Attorney’s Office.
- Moot Court Executive Board
- Editor of Solicitations for the Journal of International Business & Law
- President, Columbian (Italian-American) Lawyers Association
Attorney Liggieri is a member of the New York State Bar Association,
State Bar Admissions: New York
Federal Court Admissions: Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
Paul is an Associate with the Derek Smith Law Group where he focuses on Employment Discrimination and also handles Civil Rights cases.
Paul graduated from Binghamton University where he was the Founder and President of Theta Delta Chi for his school. Prior to law school, Paul served as a political director on a number of campaigns and was an adviser on a number of major electoral races. Paul has utilized these skills to help focus on a career in law. During his time at Hofstra Law School, Paul gained significant legal experience from serving as an intern with the Nassau County Attorney’s General Litigation Bureau where he was involved in a number of high profile civil rights cases. Paul also served as an extern with the District Attorney’s Office where he gained courtroom experience and prosecuted fifteen of his own cases under a student practice order.
Paul placed a focus on his passion: the Moot Court Board, where he won First Place in the National Regional Moot Court Championship and was selected as the Best Oral Advocate for the entire North East Region. Additionally, Paul was a member of the Hofstra Trial Advocacy Association, Criminal Prosecution clinic, and served as an Editor on the Business Law Journal.
Paul worked as a Law Clerk at the firm of Raiser & Kenniff where he helped represent clients in civil litigation and criminal law.
Paul brings this skill set with him to the Derek Smith Law Group to help clients in the area of employment discrimination. As a passionate advocate, Paul believes in a hands on approach and working assiduously on each step of a client’s case from inception through solution, to ensure the best possible result under the law.
Paul Liggieri Blogs
- New York & Philadelphia LGBT Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- “Women Love Me” Says Famous Yoga Mogul Accused of Sexual Harassment
- Prominent Manhattan Yoga Center Slapped With a $1 Million Lawsuit
- Three Women Win Discrimination Suit Against Chipotle
- Rep Taylor Bennett Introduces Bill to Defy Pregnancy Discrimination at Work