Employment & Discrimination Case Preparation
At Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC we outline the information you should bring to your lawyers to start your New York City workplace discrimination, sexual harassment, or wrongful termination lawsuit so you and your employment lawyer can consider the options and strategies for approaching your New York, New Jersey or Pennsylvania employment sexual harassment / discrimination lawsuit.
The more information you provide to your employment law lawyer at the time of your first visit, the more knowledgeable he or she will be about the circumstances surrounding your workplace discrimination or sexual harassment case. It is essential for your employment lawyer to know the details of your employment discrimination or sexual harassment case and background information in order to supply you with the best employment legal counsel and advice.
Information Your Employment Attorney Will Need
For your consultation in your New York employment case, bring with you all documentation that might useful for your employment lawyer to begin case preparation:
- Pay stubs from the duration of employment
- Copies of paychecks
- W-2 forms
- Written or electronic timesheets
- Benefit statements with account balances
- Any documentation of your company’s employment policies including manuals or handbooks
- Your employment contact and any additional agreements you may have signed (i.e. nondisclosure, noncompete)
- Relevant correspondence including written complaints or requests, email messages
- Copies of any internal reports or disciplinary actions taken by your employer
- Copies of your performance reviews
- Any personal notes or incident log you maintained regarding the matter such as a list of co-workers’ actions of harassment
Providing as much relevant information and documentation as possible will assist the labor & employment Attorneys at Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC to determine the validity of your sexual harassment or discrimination claim in a courtroom. Our employment lawyers can also inform you about additional information that might be required to provide the best defense of your position as well as what proper compensation you might be able to receive for your discrimination, sexual harassment or wrongful termination lawsuit.
Additionally, you should come prepared with questions about sexual harassment & employment discrimination you would like to ask our employment attorneys. It can often be helpful to write down all of your concerns in advance and bring them to your first consultation with our New York City employment law attorney