High-Profile Employment Law Firm in the News
New York, Philadelphia and New Jersey law firm of Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC focuses on the practice area of employment law. Many of these legal cases involve claims and lawsuits that seek remedies and resolution for incidents of discrimination and harassment in the workplace.
At Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC, our New York City, Philadelphia and New Jersey harassment attorneys fully comprehend a wide range of federal, state and local laws prohibiting all types of discrimination and sexual harassment, especially related to employment situations. The New York City, Philadelphia and New Jersey harassment attorneys at Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC often resolve discrimination disputes through mediation and negotiation as well as litigation. Whether you are the victim of on the job discrimination, sexual harassment or other types of discrimination, our employment law attorneys in New York, New Jersey or Philadelphia can assist you. This area of Employment law can be complex and daunting. We have years of experience with harassment law in NYC, NJ & Philadelphia and a sexual harassment or employment discrimination attorney in New York, New Jersey or Philadelphia can be steady asset as we help you pursue your case.
Press coverage of our New York City, New Jersey & Philadelphia Sexual Harassment cases
Since the New York harassment lawyers at Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC represent a wide range of harassment and discrimination cases, there are instances where their legal cases receive coverage by the news media. While these cases or other past cases are not necessarily indicative of future results our NYC harassment lawyers work in the same thorough and aggressive manners for all of our clients. The following links lead to recent news clips featuring some newsworthy cases handled by Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC NYC harassment lawyers:
- DNA info – Lesbian Couple Says Anti-Gay Staff at Sunset Park Hotel Denied Them a Room
- Gothamist – Disgruntled Models Sue Former America’s Next Top Model Judge
- TMZ – Models claim Nole Marin is more like “America’s Top Swindler”
- NY Post – Ex-‘Top Model’ judge drove models, staff ‘into poverty:’ suit
- NY Daily News – Former truck driver at Balter Sales Co. wins $2.2M sexual, racial harassment suit
- NY Post – Real Estate Honcho Violently Abused & Raped Girlfriend
- NY Post – ‘You can’t just escape’: ‘Sex slave’ assistant sues helicopter boss
- The Journal News – Gay ex-Lowe’s worker: I was harassed at Orangeburg store
- NY Post – Manhattan nurse practitioner wins a $4 million judgment against New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Daily News – New York-Presbyterian ordered to pay $4M to nurse
- NY Post – Perfume maker sued over supervisors’ “Sexual Harassment”
- NY Daily News – Guerlain makeup artist at Saks accused of fondling co-workers
- NY Post – Bronx woman claims Planet Fitness boss forced her into sex
- NY Post – Woman awarded $2.5 million in sexual harassment jury verdict against former boss
- NY Post – Woman claims ex-cop boss raped her 18 times in ‘torture chamber
- Alvarado Post Article
- NY Daily News – Queens woman sues former Radio Shack boss for making crude sexual come ons
- Staffer claims CEO sexually assaulted her in chauffeured car: suit
- Dangling Nooses And Racist Insults
- 5 Lessons on Customer Discrimination
- North Shore anesthesiologist and technician allegedly terrorized black orderlies with nooses and racial remarks
- Fox Business – Are Criminal Background Checks Illegal?
- Fox Business – Would You Work for Shallow Hal?
- Top Employment Law Verdict in NY
- NY Post – Beauty won’t play doctor
- Huffpost – Mirella Salemi, Lesbian Chef, Awarded $1.6 Million After Boss Prayed To Cure Her Sexuality
- $1.6 Million Employment Bias Award Upheld by Manhattan Appeals Court
- NY Post – Boss’ pray day turns to payday for gay chef
- New York County – Mirella Salemi v. Gloria’s Tribeca, Inc.
- NY Daily News – City pays $500K to settle case with ‘Lipstick Bandit’ Serena Reaves-Cain’s accusers
- The New York Sun – Fight Over $2 Fare Mooted in Appeal Filed by the MTA
- NY Daily News – Abuse Victim: I Feel Like I Shouldn’t Live Anymore
- NY Daily News – Ex-receptionist Jiyeon Byun sues ‘designer vagina’ Dr. Robert Rho for sexual harassment
- NY Daily News – Gay cop says NYPD made his life a living hell, now he’s going to ‘punch back’ with lawsuit
- ABC News – Suit Claims Celebrity Haunt Used Facebook, MySpace to Weed Out Minorities
- NY Post – Bulletproof exec target of sex suit
- NY Post – Sex harass suit at Lobster Box in Bronx
- NY Daily News – LEHMAN BROTHERS FACES DISCRIMINATION SUIT
- NY Post – Alitalia was unfair in air
- NY Daily News – Maimonides Medical Center sex scandal
- NY Daily News – EMT files race discrimination suit
- NY Daily News – Western beef meat wrapper sticks bonehead boss with harassment suit for X-rated come-ons
- NY Daily News – Boss at ritzy Coach store sued for asking employee to look at his ‘weiner’ … dog
- NY Daily News – Sex-changer’s suit claims bias against Parks Department
- NY Daily News – Air today gone Tomorrow
- NY Post – Sex Suit vs. Godiva
Consult us about New York City, New Jersey and Philadelphia harassment laws
While some Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC cases receive media attention, all of our cases are considered equally important to our New York City Sexual harassment lawyers. Our New York harassment attorneys pride themselves on providing personal attention and detail to each of our client’s cases. There is no one way to approach a harassment case and your personal harassment attorney in New York City will provide you personal attention to your case and questions each step of the way.
Whether the case is routine or high profile, a Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC NYC harassment lawyer has the same goal: to achieve the best possible resolution for each client. With our knowledge of New York harassment laws, we provide an aggressive defense against those that harass or discriminate against their colleagues in the workplace. We understand and apply harassment law in New York City to help our clients fight discrimination in all its forms. Harassment and discrimination can come in many ways, not just in obvious ones and sometimes people aren’t fully aware of the extent of their case. Your harassment lawyer in New York City personally goes over each facet of your case to advise on all the options and strategies that are available to you.
Filing Employment Discrimination Lawsuits in New York City
When employees encounter discrimination in the workplace, they can enter mediation or negotiations with their employers to resolve their differences outside the courtroom. But if a reasonable settlement cannot be reached through amicable means, it then becomes necessary to file a employment discrimination lawsuit in New York City. A New York employment discrimination lawsuit gives our clients the legal means to recover monetary losses caused by unfair or discriminatory treatment on the job. This mistreatment can take many forms such as sexual harassment, discrimination based on race, and treatment based on other physical traits. We have years of experience mediating and litigating employment discrimination cases and can assist you in New York City harassment lawsuits or New York City sexual harassment lawsuits.
Reasons to file a employment discrimination lawsuit in New York City
Depending upon the circumstances of the case, an employment discrimination victim could suffer losses in a number of ways including the following:
- Unequal pay or compensation due to discriminatory employment practices
- Being denied a job despite qualifications because of age, race, or other personal trait
- Being forced to resign from a job because of unwanted sexual advances or a hostile work environment affecting job performance
- Wrongful termination or other retaliatory measure in response to a discrimination complaint or legal action filed by the victim
- Being passed over for raises or promotions primarily because of workplace discrimination
Successful litigation of New York City Discrimination and Sexual Harassment lawsuits
Besides filing a New York City discrimination lawsuit in instances of general discrimination, such as based on age, gender, sexual orientation or race, we are also able to file a sexual harassment lawsuit in New York City to help clients who have been sexually harassed. The courts consider all of the facts and circumstances surrounding the offensive conduct or unfair employment policies to determine if discrimination laws were broken.
For every sexual harassment lawsuit in New York City, New Jersey and Pennsylvania we represent, we have the same goal: to achieve the best possible resolution for each client. In the case of sexual harassment lawsuits in New York, we strive for favorable verdicts and fair settlement awards. To do this, we strategically apply federal, state and local sexual harassment law in order to build the strongest possible employment discrimination lawsuits in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Whether you are looking to pursue a New York sexual harassment lawsuit or a workplace harassment lawsuit in New York City for another type of discrimination, the New York City employment attorneys at the Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC can help you with our experience and personalized approach to each client.
Following are links to Court Reported Cases for clients we have successfully represented:
- Mirella Salemi v. Gloria’s Tribeca Inc., Gloria Tribecamex Inc.
- Top NY Verdicts of 2012
- Huda Saaidi v. CFAS, LLC
- Matthew Suarez v. American Stevedoring, INC.
- Sanela Kolenovic v. ABM Industries Incorporated
- Mark Keller v. Star Nissan, Inc.
- Matthew Suarez v. American Stevedoring, INC.
- Linda Harper v. New York City, Housing Authority
- Maria Hernandez v. Central Parking System of New York, Inc.
- Tianshu Li v. Ismael Aponte and United States of America
- Liliana Sanchez vs. MetTel INC., METTEL, and MANHATTAN TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION
- TIANSHU LI vs. ISMAEL APONTE, and UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- Maria Pedraza vs. Brightstar Transportation Service, Inc., et al.
- KAPTAN vs. DANCHIG
- GHEE vs. WASHINGTON MUTUAL BANK
- Appellate Decision on Rietschel
- Bonilla vs. Smithfield Associates LLC
- Ghee vs. Washington Mutual Bank
- Harper vs. New York City Housing Authority
- Hernandez vs. Central Parking System of New York
- Kaptan vs. Danchig
- Keller vs. Star Nissan, Inc.
- Kolenovic vs. ABM Industries Incorporated and ABM Engineering Services Company
- Saaidi vs. CFAS
- Salemi vs. Gloria’s Tribeca Inc.
- Suarez vs. American Stevedoring Inc. – Decision
- Suarez vs. American Stevedoring Inc.
- Tianshu Li vs. United States of America
- Dena Kology v. MySpace NYC Corp. and Guy Hochman
Consult us about discrimination lawsuits in New York, New Jersey & Philadelphia
Being a victim of either harassment or discrimination can be a discomforting, even traumatic event. A harassment lawyer can help you put your case in order and provide answers in your time of need. If you have any questions about NYC harassment laws and would like to consult with a harassment attorney in New York, New Jersey or Philadelphia, please contact Derek T. Smith, Esq. at the law firm of Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC by calling our toll-free number 877-469-5297 today.