New York Ethnic Discrimination Law Firm
New York City is one of the most diverse places in the world. As part of a nation that welcomes immigrants, the New York City public represents a wide range of cultures and nationalities in the world.
While most New Yorkers live and work together in peace, there are instances where people do experience unfair treatment and ethnic discrimination in New York City. In addition to being unkind, ethnic discrimination in New York is a crime. If you have specific questions regarding different types of discrimination based on ethnicity, the discrimination attorneys in New York City at Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC are here to help.
New York discrimination laws prohibit ethnic discrimination
There are many laws on the books that prohibit New York City ethnic discrimination. At the federal level, one of the most significant laws prohibiting discrimination in the workplace is Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The law prohibits discrimination in New York based on gender, race, and other attributes. New York discrimination lawyers at Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC can advise you of your rights.
Ethnic discrimination lawyers in New York City ready to help
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination based on the following criteria:
- Affiliation: Harassing or otherwise discriminating because an individual is affiliated with a particular religious or ethnic group
- Physical or cultural traits and clothing: Harassing or otherwise discriminating because of physical, cultural, or linguistic characteristics, such as accent or dress associated with a particular religion, ethnicity, or country of origin
- Perception: Harassing or otherwise discriminating because of the perception or belief that a person is a member of a particular racial, national origin, or religious group whether or not that perception is correct
- Association: Harassing or otherwise discriminating because of association with a person or organization of a particular religion or ethnicity
Our New York discrimination attorneys can further explain and guide you through the different types of discrimination and what options are available to you if you wish to pursue a legal case. Know your rights and get the facts. Your discrimination attorney in New York City at Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC can help.
Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC defends victims of New York City discrimination
Following the tragic events of September 11, many ethnic groups suffer from discrimination simply because of the way they look or dress. If you believe you experienced ethnic discrimination in New York City, Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC offers a skillful legal team of experienced New York City discrimination lawyers that can fight for you.
Consult our New York City discrimination attorneys
Ethnic discrimination laws mandate that in employment, employers must treat all workers on an equal basis regardless of their cultural associations or personal traits. The following links lead to information about common types of discrimination in the workplace:
- Age Discrimination
- Compensation Discrimination
- Employment Discrimination
- Workplace Discrimination
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- Gender Discrimination
- Religious Discrimination
- National Origin Discrimination
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Race Discrimination
If you need a New York City employment discrimination lawyer for an ethnic discrimination case or need to speak with a discrimination lawyer in New York City for cases regarding other types of discrimination, please contact Derek T. Smith, Esq. at the law firm of Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC by calling our toll-free number 877-469-5297 today.